Cuming County- Funding is now available for the Business Improvement Grant. Cuming County Economic Development was awarded $75,000 from the Nielsen Foundation in August and has awarded 22 businesses from Cuming County a B.I.G. grant after the first round. The B.I.G. program directly enhances the overall marketability of the county as a whole.
The second round of funding will begin on January 3, 2017 and ends on February 27. Currently grant pool funds are limited and will be distributed on a first-come first-serve basis.
Eligibility: The business must be within Cuming County to be eligible for a business improvement grant. The building must be used solely for business, for example: not an area of a home used for business. Previous applicants may apply again. These funds are given out on a first-come first-serve basis.
- A detailed description with cost estimates of the façade improvements/equipment.
- At least TWO bids from contractors/manufacturers/distributors for your project.
- Applications must be filled out completely. Applications that are not completely filled out will not be considered for funding.
- Must provide “before” and “after” photos of the building façade.
Grant funds will be disbursed on a reimbursement basis and will not be issued until the project has been completed. The applicant must submit proof of payment and photos of the completed work.
- Contact the CCED Office for an application or download the attached application form. Grants will be made on a first come first serve basis until funds have been depleted.
- Fully complete the application along with supporting documentation and submit to the CCED Board for review. If the application and supporting information is not complete before the application deadline, it will not be considered for funding. Denied applicants must wait until the next round to apply.
- Application will be approved by the CCED Board of Directors.
- The applicant will receive a letter from the CCED Board explaining if the application has been approved or denied. No work may commence until the application is approved.
- After approval by the CCED Board, the applicant will have 120 days to complete the project after funding has been awarded.