200 S Lincoln Rm 101
West Point, NE 68788
The County Assessor is an elected official who has the general supervision over and the direction of the assessment of all property in his or her county. The duties are prescribed by Nebraska Statutes, Rules and Regulations (Chapter 77), which have the effect of law. The following is a partial list of those duties:
- Administer the assessment statutes of Nebraska law.
- Establish and maintain fair and equitable value on all real and personal property within the county.
- Attend all meetings of the County Board of Equalization.
- Review all applications for religious, charitable and educational tax exemptions.
- Maintain cadastral records (i.e., parcel maps) on all property in the county.
- Prepare abstract of value and certification of taxes levied for State Property Tax Administrator.
- Prepare annual tax roll for the County Treasurer.
- Hold and maintain a valid certificate.
- Attend mandatory workshops.
- Obtain a minimum of 40 hours of continued education bi-yearly.
The county assessor has the duty to value all real and personal property in the county as a basis for the county board to levy taxes. The assessor must be certified by the Department of Property Assessment & Taxation in order to hold office and obtain the required continuing education hours to be recertified.
General Information Available from this office:
- Tax district information on a property in Cuming County
- Ownership of a property in Cuming County
- Valuation information on a property in Cuming County
- Valuation of improvements on a property in Cuming County
- Age of a structure in Cuming County
- Size and dimensions of a parcel in Cuming County
- Eligibility information on Homestead Exemptions
- How to file a property protest in Cuming County
How Values Change
- Fluctuations in the market
- Outside influences on the property
- Addition or removal of improvements
- Remodel or rehabilitation
Property Tax Exemptions
- Educational facilities
- Religious facilities
- Certain seniors or persons with disabilities
- Assessor FAQs
- USDA’s Aerial Photography Field Office (APFO) Website | PDF
- Real Estate Records Online Data
- General FAQs
- Mobile Homes FAQ’s
- Nebraska Department of Property Assessment and Taxation
- Nebraska Tax Equalization and Review Commission
- Homestead Exemption Forms – (Nebraska Department of Revenue)
- Home Information Sheet – Submit your information electronically
- General Building Information Sheet – Submit your information electronically
- FAQs about Nebraska Property Assessment