PO Box 267
West Point, NE 68788
Fax (402) 372-6993
term expires: 1/2023
Hours: 8: 30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday (Do not close over noon hour)
- Real Estate and Personal Property Taxes: (402)372-6011
- Driver’s License: (402)372-6016 (Tuesday’s only)
- To collect all revenues for the County
- To bill and collect all real estate and personal taxes in the County
- Title and Register all motor vehicles with tax situs in the County
- To collect fees for driver licenses, C.D.L.’s, learner permits, I.D. cards, school permits, etc.
- To disburse collections to the proper political subdivisions
- Title and Boat Registration
- Title and Snowmobile Registration
Informational Materials Available:
- C.D.L. books
- Driver license books
- Provisional operator permits
- Board books
- Specialty license plate applications
Services and links provided by the Treasurer:
- Drivers Licenses
- Titles and Registration
- Vehicle Titling Information
- Unclaimed Property
- Unclaimed Property Form
- Boating Registrations
- Property Tax Payment Information
When are real property taxes due?
Real property taxes are due December 31. The first half of the tax becomes delinquent on the following May 1 and the second half becomes delinquent on September 1.
When are personal property taxes due?
Personal property taxes are due December 31. The first half of the tax becomes delinquent on the following May 1 and the second half becomes delinquent on September 1.
On the due date, the taxes become a first lien on all personal property you own. If the taxes are not paid, any personal property you own, whether taxable or not, is subject to seizure in order to satisfy the lien.