Cuming County Heritage Museum Complex

The Cuming County Historical Museum Complex is made up of several buildings filled with historical displays. Maintained by the Cuming County Historical Society and the Cuming County Agricultural Society, it is located at the county’s fairgrounds in West Point.

In August 1975, the Chicago Northwestern Railroad depot was moved to the fairgrounds. Joining the depot in June 1990 was the Union Pacific Railroad caboose. In 1992, a model railroad was placed in the caboose.

A one-room schoolhouse built in 1912 and housing District #34, formerly located in rural Wisner, was added in 1991. It displays hundreds of antique rural school items, desks, stove, blackboards and inkwells and a merry-go-round in the front.

In January 1996, St. Matthew’s Lutheran Church, which had been located south of Wisner, was moved to the park. It serves as a place of worship on Sundays during the fair, and has been the site of a few weddings since its move to the fairgrounds.

The Dinklage and Cuming County Heritage Museum was built and dedicated in 1997. The 60×120 building houses machinery, cars and a variety of antique tools.

The historical buildings are open by appointment and during the Cuming The Cuming County Historical Museum Complex is made up of several buildings filled with historical displays. Maintained by the Cuming County Historical Society and the Cuming County Agricultural Society, it is located at the county’s fairgrounds in West Point.

 

The historical buildings are open by appointment and during the Cuming County Fair. More information can be found at: http://www.cumingcountyfair.com/HISTORICAL.html and http://www.cumingcountyhistory.org